We are pleased to announce the Call for Artists for Second edition of Videosyntezy exhibition. The aim of the exhibition is to present the work of audiovisual artists using analogue and hybrid tools of image creation.
Deadline: SEPTEMBER 12, 2022
Videosyntezy 2 will deal with the mutual influences of experimental music and video art. Because analogue video synthesis uses the same source, a voltage-controlled signal, to produce sound and image, it provides a metaphor for the mutual relationship between musical experimentation and video art.
We invite artists whose works have been made using analog video synthesis technology to participate, as well as hybrid works at the borderline of different technologies. Call for entries for the exhibition is open to works created after January 1, 2020.
Qualified artists and their works will be presented during the Intermediale 2022 Festival at:
- the exhibition hosted at the Ring Art Gallery in Legnica as part of the Intermediale 2022 Festival
- on the Internet, during the online festival studio
- during promotional showcases in art galleries and academies of fine arts
- the authors of the works will receive a bilingual printed catalog, published especially for the exhibition
We are accepting submissions of one up to five works . The deadline for submission of materials is August 15, 2022. Works will be slected by the festival program board. Please see the regulations.
Video files, up to HD 1080p resolution are accepted. Admitted file formats are: MOV, MP4, DNX, MXF.
Works sent to the CFP should be uploaded to one of the available plaforms such as WeTransfer, DropBox or Google Drive. The link to download the file should be provided in the submission form. In other cases, please contact us by email.
In 2020, Intermediale presented the first edition of the Videosynthesis exhibition, which featured over 80 works, by 22 artists from Poland, the USA, Italy, Argentina, Iceland and Germany. A bilingual catalogue was published for the exhibition, the first such comprehensive printed publication on contemporary modular video synthesis.
Terms and conditions
- Videosyntezy 2 exhibition is organised as part of the Festival of Audiovisual Forms Intermediale at the Ring Art Gallery in Legnica. The exhibition will consist of works by artists invited to participate and selected by the CFP. The call for works is open to individual and group artists.
- A maximum of five works may be submitted to the exhibition. The duration of the work is not specified. The date the work was created should be no earlier than January 1, 2020.
- Only electronic submission is accepted, by filling out the form and providing a link with a downloadable file.
- The selection of works will be made by the festival program board.
- Participants will be informed of their eligibility by email, individually.
- The deadline for entries is September 12, 2022 at 11.59 pm (CET).
- If your work is accepted, you will be asked to provide a postal address for receiving two author copies of the catalog.
- Information about the processing of personal data (RODO/GDPR – Rozporządzenie o Ochronie Danych Osobowych/General Data Protection Regulation)
- In accordance with Article 13 (1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as RODO), effective as of 25 May 2018, the personal data of the applying artist will be collected and processed by the personal data administrator, NETCETERA Association for the Support of Artistic and Cultural Initiatives, based in Legnica, ul. Jagiellońska 12, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The data will be stored until the task for which the personal data was collected is accomplished in accordance with the provisions of the law in force, and then, in the case of archival materials, no longer than for the time specified for a given archival category in the provisions on archiving.
- In accordance with RODO, you have the following rights: the right to access your data, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, the right to rectify your personal data or to erase your data.